Monday, February 12, 2007

Late night brain farts?

Why am I blogging? It's a bandwagon that I have seen, even encouraged, others in my life (husband, students, friends) to ride, but I have held off. I've never been very consistent at keeping a journal, producing written work, etc. so why would I be any more prolific with an audience (of zero at this point, but I'll probably indulge the ego and invite a few spectators soon enough). Will there be comment, will I be "discovered", will someone in my family get offended? Only the last is likely. But still, I have this annoying habit of being inspired to write - like heartburn, it comes only late at night and it prevents me from sleeping. If nothing else, I will forget the access code for this page,too, (as I did my personal page, hence evidence for my inability to stick to anything for very long....) but my daughters may someday stumble upon it as a quaint relic. And if so, maybe they'll get a different perspective, even insight, into who their mother was then. Maybe they even explain it to me (as if I'll care who I was or what I was thinking at 37 when I'm a wild 117 year-old hottie zipping around in my flying car). Well, you be the judge if these are brain farts or interesting ideas and insights. I just want to get some rest.

No comments: